Prescribed burn at Millbrook Reservoir Reserve
Date posted: 25 Mar. 2022
A prescribed burn is planned for Millbrook Reservoir Reserve, 500m due north of Cudlee Creek, in the Mount Lofty Ranges, on Saturday 26 March 2022, weather conditions permitting.
- The burn will commence at 11 am and is expected to be complete by 5 pm.
- It will affect about 1.6 hectares.
- The objective of the burn is to reduce fuel loads in Millbrook Reservoir Reserve adjacent to the township Cudlee Creek and houses along Sunninghill Road.
- Tippett Road and Sunninghill Road may be briefly impacted by smoke.
- Some smoke and fire activity may be observed on the day and following the burn which will be patrolled until it is safe.
The burn will be carried out by NPWS and SA Water as part of the Mt Lofty Ranges Fire Co-operative prescribed burn program. Local CFS Volunteers have been invited to attend. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
NPWS conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.