Prescribed burn at Jupiter Creek
Date posted: 01 Apr 2022
A prescribed burn is planned for Stringybark Reserve, Jupiter Creek, in the Mount Lofty Ranges, on Sunday 3 April 2022, weather conditions permitting.
- The burn will commence at 12 pm and is expected to be complete by 4 pm.
- It will affect about 3.1 hectares within the reserve.
- The objective of the burn is to reduce the risk of a bushfire impacting dwellings and commercial assets within the community of Jupiter Creek, particularly along Berry Rd and Field Road.
- This burn is strategically link with other burns in this high bushfire risk area.
- Berry Road to the north-west and Field Road to the south-west may be impacted by smoke.
- Some smoke and fire activity may be observed on the day and following the burn and will be patrolled until it is safe.
The is a Mt Lofty Ranges Fire Cooperative burn that will be undertaken by NPWS crews as part of the Burning on Private Lands program. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave. Local CFS brigades have been invited to attend.
NPWS conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.