Eighteen nature-based tourism new business opportunities were released by the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources in October 2017. Expressions of Interest for these opportunities closed on 31 January 2018
Expression of interest
The purpose of stage one is to identify those businesses that are interested in progressing one or more of the opportunities on offer.
You can register your interest by submitting an expression of interest (EOI) online. More information regarding each new business opportunity is provided in the information sheets; including the name, scope and objectives for each site.
EOIs must address the following criteria:
- Your business name, ABN/ACN (if applicable), postal address and email address.
- The name and contact details of your preferred contact person.
- The opportunity you wish to apply for.
- A brief outline of your concept.
- A high level summary of how your concept is consistent with the scope of the opportunity offered and compatible with the site objectives.
- A brief description of your skills and experience in developing and operating comparable enterprises.
- A summary of your financial capacity to deliver the concept.
Proponents who meet criteria one to seven above may be invited to provide a detailed proposal in stage two.
The submission of an EOI does not place an obligation on the proponent, or on DEWNR, to proceed to stage two.
Expressions of interest are now closed.
Request for proposal
The purpose of stage two is to select those proponents that will be invited to submit a detailed proposal.
In stage two DEWNR will send proponents a request for proposal.
The request for proposal will:
- Outline the information that proponents should include in their detailed proposal.
- Explain the criteria that will be used to evaluate each detailed proposal.
- Provide further information about the approval pathway that each proposal will need to follow.
After the assessment and evaluation of detailed proposals, proponents may be invited to participate in stage three.
The purpose of stage three is to negotiate the terms and conditions of agreements.
The commencement of negotiations does not place any obligation on the proponent or government to enter into an agreement.