Backpack camping is free in this park.
Get back to basics and find a secluded spot to pitch your tent among the park’s steep ranges and deep gorges. While vehicle-based camping is not permitted in the park, backpack camping is allowed west of the Dutchman range outside the Fire Danger Season. There are no designated camp sites.
Camping is not permitted during the Fire Danger Season.
Dutchmans Stern Homestead (sleeps 6)
Sunday to Thursday - $145.00 per night
Friday, Saturday, pre-public holidays and school holidays - $175.00 per night
This spacious homestead is self-contained and sleeps up to six people and features a fully furnished kitchen, living room and two bedrooms. After a day of enjoying the park, relax on the front verandah which overlooks the rugged landscape.
2 bedroom with lounge & kitchen. Need to provide own linen, pillows, towels and tea-towels. Crockery, cutlery and kitchen utensils are supplied.
Shearers' Quarters (sleeps 9)
Sunday to Thursday - $170.00 per night
Friday, Saturday, pre-public holidays and school holidays - $195.00 per night
This rustic building sleeps up to nine people and includes three bedrooms and a large combined living and dining room. The views through the glass doors in the main bedroom provide an impressive vista of the ranges and the bluff - a prominent landmark in the park.
3 bedroom with lounge and kitchen. Facilities include toilets, showers, cooking facilities, heating, BBQ and a fridge. Please bring your own linen.
For booking enquiries please email:
Alternative booking and payment options
Cash payments for this park can be made at:
- Birdsville: Birdsville Visitor Centre, (07) 4656 3300
- Birdsville: Birdsville Fuel Station, 65 Adelaide Street, Birdsville, QLD, 4482, (07) 4656 3236
- Marree: Marree Oasis Cafe, (08) 8675 8352
- William Creek: William Creek Hotel, (08) 8670 7880
- Mt Dare: Mt Dare Hotel, (08) 8670 7835
- Hawker: Hawker Visitor Information Centre, (08) 8648 4022
- Port Augusta: Natural Resource Centre – Port Augusta, Level 1, 9 Mackay Street, Port Augusta, SA, (08) 8648 5300