PDF map capability statement
Capability and accuracy statement for boundary definition of South Australia’s Marine parks geo-referenced, pdf map products
The statement below covers printed paper maps and pdf’s viewed digitally as geo- referenced maps on GPS enabled Smart Phones or Tablets available under Marine Park management plan maps with zones and coordinates.
The accuracy and feature detection table indicates the accuracy of map elements in relation to the scale at which the maps were created.
This accuracy and feature detection assessment relies on the assumption that:
- The maps are printed at A3 format size or larger and are zoomed in to 100% resolution on digital devices
- The plot error or resolution i.e. the smallest distance true to scale, able to be recorded on the map is 0.5 millimetres
- The accuracy or feature detection of the map is twice the resolution distance as determined by map scale
- The GPS device on a tablet or smart phone has locked onto more than 4 satellites and has no canopy interference
- The GPS device on a tablet or smart phone delivers no better that 10 metre accuracy at best
- The GPS positioning cursor cross hair on the tablet or smart phone, is capable of representing the smallest distance true to scale recorded on the map.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the correctness and accuracy of the Dataset, the Supplier makes no representations, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, currency, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and accepts no liability for any use of the Dataset or any responsibility for any reliance placed on that information. The user acknowledges that the Dataset cannot be guaranteed error free and that use of the Dataset is at the user’s sole risk and that the information contained in the Dataset may be subject to change without notice.