Open navigation

You must acquire venomous snakes legally - they must be purchased from a licenced fauna dealer or person holding a valid Keep and Sell Permit (Specialist). These animals are fully protected and a permit is required to take any from the wild.

If you apply for a permit to keep and sell Specialist animals, you must prove you have the facilities, knowledge and experience to safely and properly care for that animal.

To be able keep the majority of venomous snakes, you must hold a Keep and Sell Permit (Specialist) and comply with the following two documents:

Click here to view form.