Our response to COVID-19

Sorry, your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

Microsoft no longer supports Internet Explorer. Please download their replacement Edge or another modern browser such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox. This site will not be fully functional using Internet Explorer.

Access the online tool

If you want to interact with native animals or plants in South Australia and are unsure whether you need a permit, or what sort of permit you need, answering the questions on this online tool will guide you to the right place.

Start the online tool.

What sort of wildlife permit types are there?

There are several wildlife permit types you can apply for. Permits can be obtained to allow you to keep, sell, give away, display, rescue, farm, hunt, manage or interact in some other way with native animals. Permits can also be issued if you wish to collect native plant materials.

In some instances, you may not need a permit but may need to follow conditions, such as guidelines or a code of conduct.

If in doubt, contact us

The advice provided through this online tool acts as a guide only; further queries can be resolved by contacting us.