A traineeship consists of a paid training and work placement at entry level for 12 months or longer. The trainee completes a training program through a registered training organisation (such as TAFE SA) while learning new skills in the workplace.
To be eligible for a traineeship, you must be aged between 17-24 years (inclusive).
You can be up to 28 years if you:
- are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- have a declared disability
- are deemed long term unemployed
- are currently or have been under the Guardianship of the Minister for Families and Communities
- have status of migrant or refugee (with an appropriate work visa)
- are a parent returning to work.
DEWNR has recruited trainees in areas such as administration and horticulture.
Traineeship opportunities are advertised on the Jobs SA website.