The Indigenous Cadetship Support program links Indigenous tertiary students with employers in an arrangement involving full time study and paid work placements. With a cadetship, students:
- are given an allowance towards their living costs so they can concentrate on their studies
- have a paid work placement during the holidays (or throughout the year).
Paid work placement
Cadets have a paid work placement (12 weeks or equivalent) with DEWNR for each full year of the cadetship. This provides you with valuable employment experience related to your studies.
Usually the paid work placement occurs over the summer break, but it is up to you and DEWNR to agree to an arrangement that suits both the individual and business needs.
Preferred study areas
We are particularly keen to hear from undergraduate students in these areas of study:
- natural resource management
- applied geographical information systems
- accounting or finance
- conservation and park management
- environmental management
- nature-based tourism
- business or commerce.
To apply, please register on the Indigenous Cadetship Support website.
Phone: (02) 6228 6785