What success looks like
A sustainable and fit for purpose supply of water is available from a range of sources to support the health of the environment, industry, communities and the economy.
- Support a healthy, working River Murray by implementing the Basin Plan and associated programs, and keep other jurisdictions accountable to implement the plan, on time and in full.
- Drive an integrated approach to urban water management across government and with the private sector and the community.
- Work with economic development agencies and industry to identify future water needs and sustainable sources of supply.
- Deliver major programs in partnership with others to better manage water.
- Manage the state’s water resources through the development and implementation of water management plans and legislation.
- Prepare for the social, environmental and economic impacts of extended dry periods.
- Ensure that priority water research is undertaken through the Goyder Institute for Water Research and that the results are used to support improved decision making.
Find out more about water