What success looks like
Our strong and healthy natural resource base supports diverse and resilient systems, a thriving economy and vibrant communities.
- Monitor the condition of South Australia’s natural resources to ensure the ongoing health of systems, communities and businesses that are dependent on them.
- Manage native species and natural systems to sustain biodiversity for future generations.
- Support economic growth and regional development by unlocking opportunities for investment and innovation through enabling the sustainable use of our natural resources.
- Support communities and industry to make decisions and take actions to ensure the sustainable use of our natural resources.
- Manage the impact of introduced pests and abundant native species on biodiversity, primary industries and communities.
- Work with our partners to manage the impact of natural hazards, specifically bushfire and flood, on our land, biodiversity, economy and communities.
- Provide advice and make prompt and transparent decisions as part of Federal, State and Local Government planning and development processes.
- Develop and implement effective management and conservation plans.
Find out more about our natural resources
Plants & animals