Heading to the outback? Purchase a Desert Parks Pass which entitles you and your vehicle to 12 months entry into our state’s desert parks:
* Mandatory if travelling east of Dalhousie Springs.
The pass also allows you to camp for periods of up to 21 nights at a time in the desert parks (excluding Wabma Kadarbu Mound Springs Conservation Park).
Purchase a pass
A Desert Parks Pass costs $160. Discounts are available for renewals.
Purchase your pass online or visit a Parks Pass outlet.
- Park Passes are not transferable and only available for private vehicles with up to eight seats. They are not valid for taxis, buses or mini-buses.
- When visiting a listed park you are required to travel with the Desert Parks Handbook which will be provided to you at the time of your pass purchase.
- Entry to parks, reserves and campgrounds may be restricted from time to time due to safety, conservation or operational requirements including days of Total Fire Ban.
- When purchasing your pass we recommend you nominate your Desert Parks Pass start date to coincide with your intended arrival in the desert as refunds for unused Desert Parks Passes are only available in specific circumstances. These are explained in the terms and conditions. Passes can be purchased up to 60 days in advance.
- It is recommended you monitor weather, river and outback road conditions leading up to your departure. View the latest outback road warnings or read the latest version of the Desert Parks Bulletin.
Please read the full terms and conditions for a full list of parks covered and other important information about your pass.