New bike tracks opening
Date posted: 28 March 2013
Mountain bikers have been given an early Easter present - stage two of the Craigburn Farm shared-use trail network, a new addition to Sturt Gorge Recreation Park, is open.
Stage two adds 5.5km of new trail to the 12km of trail already created at Sturt Gorge Recreation Park.
The trail includes:
- Horner's Corners (2km): a wide surfaced trail suitable for all abilities that links the beautiful 'Lakeview Trail' with Horner Bridge, Coromandel Valley on Murray's Hill Road
- Gunners Run (3km): a fun, natural surfaced trail with many exciting bits to keep you on your toes. Great fun in both directions
- Sticks and Stones: a 500m extension to the infamous Sticks and Stones trail with plenty of challenges for the adventurous visitor.
Riders are asked to use the Shared Trail Map to plan their rides in advance and to keep to designated trail surfaces in order to protect the surrounding environment.
The international Trail Users Code of Conduct will also be applied to allow trails to be shared safely, and include the following points:
- plan your ride
- comply with all signs
- ride only on formed tracks/trails
- share the trail - obey give way rules
- avoid riding in wet, muddy conditions
- ride lightly and leave no trace or rubbish
- control your bike within your limits
- clean your bike to avoid the spread of weeds or plant diseases
- carry sufficient food and drinking water
- respect the rights of others
- tell others about the code
Other current cycling opportunities can be found at: