Operating outside South Australia

Operating in protected areas outside South Australia

Tour operators should be aware that to operate commercial tours in protected areas managed by the commonwealth, state or territory governments, permits or licences are required. Before planning a tour into a protected area, you should contact the relevant government authorities. They are listed here:

Commonwealth (Kakadu, Uluru-Kata Tjuta and Booderee National Parks)

Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts
Phone:(+61 2) 6274 1111

Commonwealth (Great Barrier Reef Marine Park)

Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
Phone (+61 7) 4750 0700
Website: www.gbrmpa.gov.au/corp_site/permits

ACT (No permits required)

Parks, Conservation and Lands
Phone:(+61) 13 22 81
Website: www.tams.act.gov.au/play/pcl/bookings_permits_and_payments

New South Wales

Department of Environment and Climate Change
Phone:(+61 2) 9585 6082
Email: parksecopass@environment.nsw.gov.au
Website: www.environment.nsw.gov.au/parksecopass

Northern Territory

Department of Natural Resources, Environment and the Arts
Phone (+61 8) 8999 4814
Email: pwpermits.nreta@nt.gov.au
Website: http://www.nt.gov.au/nreta/parks/permits/index.html


Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing
Phone: (+61) 13 74 68
Email: info@nprsr.qld.gov.au
Website: http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/contactus/index.html


Parks and Wildlife Service
Phone: (+61) 1300 135 513
Website: www.parks.tas.gov.au/permit/index.html


Parks Victoria
Phone: (+61) 13 19 63
Website: www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1process_content.cfm?main=22&page=7

Western Australia

Department of Environment and Conservation
Phone (+61 8) 9334 0119
Email: licensing@dec.wa.gov.au
Website: www.dec.wa.gov.au/content/category/33/840/1633/


Related links