Becoming a licensed operator
To become licensed, operators need to:
- complete an application form (271kb pdf) (refer to the Information for Applicants (3.62mb pdf) for assistance) and credit application form (1007kb pdf) (if required)
- provide payment of licence fee
- attach copies of public liability insurance (Certificate of Currency) of at least $10 million including evidence of currency
- supply a copy of the operator's current promotional materials
- return the documents to the DEWNR Customer Service Centre for processing.
- Provide the relevant Green Accreditation Certificate if applying for a 3 or 5 year licence:
- Eligibility for a three year licence is subject to businesses having current certification under at least one of the following:
- Australian Tourism Accreditation Program
- Nature Based Eco Certification Program
- Climate Action Certification Program
- Green Globe Company Standard
- Eligibility for a five year licence is subject to businesses having current certification under at least one of the following:
- Advanced Ecotourism Eco Certification Program
- Ecotourism Eco Certification Program
- Respecting our Culture.
Operators based in South Australia must also meet the conditions of the Passenger Transport Act 1994 and be in possession of the following current certificates and be able to produce them for inspection upon demand:
- Operator Accreditation
- Certificate of Inspection for each vehicle that will be operating in the protected area
- Driver Accreditation for each driver who will be operating in the protected area.
If passengers are being picked up in South Australia, South Australian Department for Transport, Energy and Infrastructure Accreditation is required. For information on public transport accreditation, please contact the Department for Transport, Energy and Infrastructure on 13 10 84 (within Australia) or email email@example.com.
Operators based outside South Australia must meet the conditions of the relevant passenger transport legislation in their state or territory of registered business.