Camping at Innes National Park
Wake to the call of the Currawong or listen to the surf crash onto the beach at the campgrounds located around Innes National Park. From the secluded Gym Beach campground with only four camp sites, to the larger campground at Pondalowie Bay, all sites are within walking distance to the beach so you can make the most of the park’s coastline.
The campground has 10 sites nestled among natural vegetation and bordered by a steep sand dune. A short walk will take you to Browns Beach, a popular fishing spot. Pit toilets provided.
Cable Bay Beach
Located adjacent to the beach, the campground offers eight camp sites with great views of the offshore islands. Pit toilet facilities are available.
Casuarina Campground will be closed from 28 April 2014 to late September 2014.
This tranquil campground offers seven campsites with access to Pondalowie Bay and surf break via a walking trail through the coastal dunes. Pit toilet facilities are available.
Secluded from the rest of the park, Gym Beach campground is accessible from the Corny Point Road at the northern-most boundary of the park. It offers solitude, beach access, pit toilets and shady camp sites.
Situated among the coastal mallee and sheoak vegetation are 52 designated camp sites consisting of 26 bush tent sites and 26 caravan and camper trailer sites. Facilities include toilets, a payphone and gas barbeque. The campground is a short walk from the Fishing Village boat ramp and Pondalowie Bay. Campfires and generators are not permitted.
Bush tent sites
Caravan and trailer sites
There are eight shady sites at Shell Beach in this quiet campground, just a short walk to a white sandy bay. This site also has a pit toilet.
Suitable for large groups, this campground offers 25 sites and is a great location to explore the rest of the park. It is located within walking distance of the beach, Stenhouse Bay Jetty and the Visitor Centre. Caravans and generators are permitted. Pit toilets and barbecue facilities are available nearby.
Important information for campers
- Entry fees apply to each vehicle entering Innes National Park
- Fire restrictions apply
- Campfires are not permitted at Pondalowie Bay campground
- Camp sites are available on a first come, first served basis in designated campgrounds only
- The collection of firewood (either dead or alive) is prohibited in Innes National Park, please bring your own
- Generator use is permitted in the Stenhouse Bay campground only. Generators must be used in a clear area and be turned off by 10pm. They must not be used on days of Total Fire Ban
- Be self-sufficient and carry adequate supplies of drinking water - do not rely on tanks or creeks for water.
Please note that entry fees apply to each vehicle entering Innes National Park.