A permit is required to snorkel and dive at Piccaninnie Ponds. Permits are issued to individuals on an annual or a single basis.
You must purchase a permit and book your dive or snorkel sessions before arriving at the park.
- Time slots are one hour long, with a maximum of two dives or snorkel sessions per person, per day. Bookings are essential.
- If you book two time slots, they may follow each other, but a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 people per diving or snorkelling group is allowed. A maximum of 8 people may be present in the ponds during any 1 hour time slot.
- You must be out of the water before your time slot expires.
- Diving permits are only issued to divers who are current financial members of the Cave Divers Association of Australia (CDAA) and rated at sinkhole category.
- Proof of current CDAA membership and categorisation supplied by the CDAA is required.
Annual adult: $54
Annual concession: $43
Annual child: $33
Annual family : $150
(2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children. Any additional children to be charged at 50% of a Child rate.)
Annual permit: $76
When booking, you must complete the relevant indemnity form and provide the following details:
- the names of the people who wish to dive or snorkel
- preferred dive or snorkel date and time
- the snorkelling indemnity receipt numbers of all snorkelers (Each snorkeler must complete their own indemnity form. Those under 18 years of age must have a guardian complete the form on their behalf.)
- the diving indemnity receipt numbers and CDAA membership numbers of all divers.