Open navigation

The lighter York was originally built in 1862 for the P&O coaling station at King George's Sound and was beached in the 1920s at Port Flinders on Weeroona Island.

For some time the abandoned vessel was used as a wharf or loading platform for barges carting stone from the island to nearby Port Pirie.

Vessel name

Vessel type

Map

York

iron lighter

Link to map and additional information

Click here to view form.