SA Heritage Council
The South Australian Heritage Council is an independent body whose main functions are to:
- provide strategic advice to the Minister for Sustainability, Environment and Conservation
- administer the Heritage Places Act 1993
- provide strategic advice to the Minister for Planning on heritage-related matters in the administration of the Development Act 1993
- administer the South Australian Heritage Register.
The Council appoints committees to undertake particular roles and activities on its behalf.
The Register Committee has been established by Council under the provisions of the Heritage Places Act 1993 and associated regulations. The Register Committee's role is to consider nominations and heritage survey recommendations for the South Australian Heritage Register and provisionally enter them if they meet one or more criteria under the Heritage Places Act 1993.
Other sub-committees established by the Council include:
- Mining Heritage Working Group
- Maritime Heritage Working Group
- Policy and Governance Committee.
Contact the South Australian Heritage Council:
Phone: (08) 8124 4951
Postal address: GPO Box 1047, Adelaide SA 5001.