State heritage advice
State heritage advice is available from the State Heritage Unit, offering initial professional heritage and conservation advice to communities and individual heritage owners in South Australia.
DEWNR Conservation Architects supply the service. They are experienced heritage architects and can provide advice and assistance on the following matters:
- plan repairs, maintenance, colour schemes and conservation work, and find suitably skilled contractors
- avoid potentially costly mistakes that compromise the heritage significance of the place and possibly its market value
- understand technical advice from contractors and tradespeople, particularly in cases of conflicting advice
- plan alterations, additions and renovations that are sympathetic to the heritage significance of the place
- reinstate missing elements such as fences, landscaping and other lost features and fittings that contribute to the heritage significance of the place.
DEWNR also produces publications containing practical conservation advice.
For more information on any aspect of development affecting state heritage places please contact the State Heritage Unit on (08) 8124 4960 or email DEWNR.StateHeritageDA@sa.gov.au.