Marine Parks Council
The Marine Parks Council of South Australia was appointed on 22 May 2008. New council members were appointed on 21 July 2011.
The council provides advice to the Minister on a range of economic and social issues relating to South Australia's marine parks, including:
- marine park boundaries and interim protection orders
- marine park zones and management plans
- promoting community participation in marine park management.
The council's advisory role makes it responsible for ensuring that environmental, social and economic factors are taken into consideration in planning for our marine parks.
The Marine Parks Council members are:
- Prof Rob Lewis (marine science) - Presiding Member
- Michelle Grady (marine conservation) - Deputy Presiding Member
- A/Prof Sabine Dittman (marine science)
- David Ellis (aquaculture)
- Greg James (recreational fishing)
- Tim Kelly (marine conservation)
- Samara Miller (commercial fishing)
- Peter Risely (community affairs)
- Kathryn Warhurst (marine conservation)
- Loralee Wright (indigenous culture)
- Leanne Burch (DEWNR Chief Executive’s delegate)