The Agreement requires that at periods not greater than five years, the Border Groundwaters Agreement Review Committee must review the following management prescriptions as specified in the Agreement:
- the permissible distance from the border in relation to a particular zone, sub-zone or aquifer within a zone or sub-zone
- the permissible annual volume of extraction in relation to a particular zone of aquifer within a zone
- the allowable annual volume of extraction in relation to a particular sub-zone or aquifer within a sub-zone
- the permissible potentiometric surface lowering
- the permissible salinity (if any) that has been established.