The National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972 is being amended to introduce a new reserve category system for South Australia.
The amendments include:
- modernising the reserve categories by establishing a clearly-defined system of reserve categories
- including overarching objects for the reserve system and its management
- providing clarity on which reserve categories provide for mining access and other extractive resource uses.
A Draft Amendment Bill has been prepared which proposes the new reserve category system. It also clarifies provisions relating to co-management of parks and reserves, and makes a number of other minor amendments.
You can have your say by:
- completing the online form below under the 'submissions' tab
- writing an email or letter.
Enquiries and submissions can be made to:
Manager, Protected Area Policy and Planning
Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources
GPO Box 1047
ADELAIDE SA 5001
Phone: (08) 8124 4707
Please note that all comments submitted, unless otherwise requested, are considered to be public documents and will be available for public viewing.
Community consultation closes:
Friday 21 December 2012