Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail Adventure competition
1. The organiser of the competition is the South Australian Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (DEWNR) of 81-95 Waymouth Street Adelaide 5000, ABN 36 702 093 234, on behalf of Ian Hunter MLC, Minister for Sustainability, Environment and Conservation, Minister for Water and the River Murray, and Minister for Climate Change
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating in this competition, entrants agree to abide by the competition rules and regulations.
3. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
4. Entry is open to South Australian residents with the exception of DEWNR employees and their immediate families.
5. The competition entry period commences at 9am on Friday 20 October, 2017 and ends at 5pm on Friday November 17, 2017. DEWNR is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
6. DEWNR reserves the right to request proof of identity of all winners. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of DEWNR. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, DEWNR in its absolute discretion may disqualify the winner.
7. DEWNR reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant or voter suspected of tampering with the entry process.
8. Entrants must be a subscriber of the Good Living blog, and like Good Living, Sealink Kangaroo Island and Western KI Caravan Park & Wildlife Reserve on Facebook.
9. This competition is a game of chance. The winner will be chosen at random and will be drawn at 5pm on Friday November 17, 2017 at the DEWNR Central Office at 81-95 Waymouth Street, Adelaide.
10. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid and will be rejected.
11. Entrants confirm that by entering this competition they consent for their name and/or image to be published by DEWNR. This permission extends to receiving contact from DEWNR staff for future promotions, which could include news articles, photographs or filming.
12. Entrants confirm that by entering this competition they consent to receiving information and updates from the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources via email.
13. The contact details of entrants to this competition will not be shared with other organisations or Government bodies without the entrant’s consent.
14. By entering this competition, the entrant is subscribed to the Good Living Blog weekly e-newsletter.
15. The winner will receive one double pass for the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail (valued at $322), a return ferry trip for one vehicle and two passengers from Cape Jervis to Penneshaw provided by SeaLink (valued at $392), and have two hiking packs transferred between campsites each day on the trail by Western KI Caravan Park (valued at $400).
16. The winner will be notified by email and their name will be published on the DEWNR Good Living blog site and the Good Living Facebook page.
17. If the winner cannot be reached by 17 January 2018 the runner-up will be awarded the prize. The prize will be posted to the winner within a week of contact being made.
18. Non-cash prizes are not exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by DEWNR.
19. If due to reasons beyond DEWNR’s control, the prize is unavailable, DEWNR, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
20. Any costs associated with the use of prizes are to be covered by the winner.
21. If competition prize winners are under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian.
22. Prizes must be redeemed in full by December 31, 2018 and bookings are subject to availability.
23. Length limits for vehicles on SeaLink’s ferry is 5 metres per vehicle (vehicles of longer length will cost extra).
24. Extra persons can be added at standard ferry fare per person.
25. Some black out travel periods apply for ferry travel and exclude including the following peak periods: 14 December 2017 to 8 January 2018, KI Cup Carnival 15 to 19 February 2018 and Easter 29 March to 3 April 2018.
26. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of DEWNR and which prevents DEWNR from complying with these terms and conditions, DEWNR will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
27. DEWNR, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition, the promotion of the competition or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
28. DEWNR collects personal information about entrants for the purpose of running this competition. Entry details remain the property of DEWNR. Entrants consent to DEWNR using personal information provided in connection with this competition for the purposes of conducting the competition and awarding any prizes, and for market research purposes.