Graduate Ranger Program
DEWNR works with the community and across the public sector to deliver the government's environment agenda. We also manage the state's public land including national parks and botanic gardens.
Our rangers live and work in some of the most spectacular areas of South Australia. Rangers work closely with their local communities to manage the state's parks and carry out a diverse range of nature conservation activities.
We offer graduate rangers:
- two year employment contracts with the possibility of gaining ongoing employment
- rotational placements across regional and metropolitan South Australia
- training, mentoring and support with career development
- a comprehensive, competency-based workbook to help develop the skills of a successful park ranger.
For our ranger program we recruit graduates who have studied in the following disciplines or related fields:
- biodiversity and conservation
- park and wildlife management
- environmental science
- natural resource management
- applied ecology
- nature-based tourism.
Applications are now closed.