Are you looking for your organisation and staff to give back to the community? How about getting out into the great outdoors and helping us manage our state’s natural environment?
Whether it is a once off event or an ongoing program, volunteering your time to help the environment also benefits your organisation and staff by:
- building staff relationships
- learning about and contributing to the state’s natural resource management
- raising your company’s profile.
There are a number of corporate volunteering opportunities available in the state’s national parks across the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges region including:
- habitat restoration (including planting and weed control)
- monitoring and creating GPS points for bush care sites
- maintaining park facilities and infrastructure.
To find out more, contact your local Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Centre.
There are also a range of activities across the Adelaide metropolitan area such as:
- winter planting events with the Million Trees Program (May - August)
- seed collection for revegetation sites (generally a summer activity)
- tree-guard removal from established tubestock.