Early years (Foundation – Year 2)
All koala experiences are cancelled until further notice
Explore the diversity of Australian native animals and the animal groups they belong to.
- animals can be classified into different groups according to their features
- animals are supported by natural environments
- animals possess particular features to help them meet their need for survival
- native animals live in a wide range of habitats
- you can care for the environments that support our animals.
Sharing our world
Discover some of the amazing Australian animals that share our home and school environment.
Themes: conservation and biodiversity
- you can care for native animals’ homes
- people, animals and the environment are all connected
- we can all respect and care for the environment
- we all have basic needs such as food, shelter, water and air.
To find out more, or if you want a Learning program on a topic not included in the list, talk to the Cleland Education Officer.