Community kitchen gardens
Community gardens are at the heart of healthy and sustainable neighbourhoods.
By improving people’s diets and physical activity levels, and by combating social isolation, community gardens improve a neighbourhood’s all-round physical and mental health.
Studies have shown that people involved in community gardens are over three times as likely to eat the recommended amount of fresh fruit and vegetables.
How we can help:
- resources to assist groups in starting and sustaining kitchen gardens
- training events and workshops
- connecting people and communities
- evidence on the social and health benefits of community gardening
- information on funding and grant opportunities.
Visit the Kitchen Gardens SA website for more information on community gardens, including a map of the community gardens in South Australia, governance for gardens, grant funding available and a calendar of events across the state.