The Guide for NRM Business Improvement
The Guide for NRM Business Improvement (the NRM guide) is a tool to aid in the continuous improvement of how our state’s natural resources are governed and managed by key NRM groups.
The NRM guide sets out the guidelines and required outcomes for what is quality practice when conducting NRM business, as well as providing simple practical tools to assess current and future performance.
The continuous improvement cycle is supported by the NRM guide.
The following seven principles provide guidance on how to achieve effective, high quality NRM practice:
Under each principle can be found:
- a set of required outcomes that are to be achieved by using the guide
- guidance to high quality practice
- guidance to what evidence could demonstrate that the required outcomes are being achieved
- a downloadable checklist for assessing performance against the required outcomes
- links to other resources.
Piloting the guide
In the initial year of implementation (2013-2014), the guide will be tested through a series of pilot studies undertaken by a selection of natural resource managers across the state. Based on these pilots and other feedback, the guide will continue to be evaluated and updated.
We welcome your feedback on how to improve the guide. Please email your comments to DEWNR.NRMGuideFeedback@sa.gov.au.