Prescribed burn at Padthaway Conservation Park
Date posted: 09 May 2017
A prescribed burn is planned at Padthaway Conservation Park in the South East for Wednesday 10 May 2017, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start around 11am and should finish by 8pm.
- It will affect about 120ha of the park, along the eastern boundary.
- Walking trails in the park will be closed during the burn.
- Beeamma-Parsons Road may be impacted by smoke.
- Smoke will be visible from Padthaway Road and Giles Road.
The burn will be carried out by the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (DEWNR). The crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
The objective of this burn is to reduce fuel loads to prevent the whole park, including significant bird habitat, being burnt in a single fire event.
It is part of a state-wide burn programme of prescribed burning planned to protect communities and environmental assets at risk.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SADEWNR on Twitter.
View a list of planned prescribed burns.
(08) 8463 7437
0438 456 624